Monday, May 6, 2013

Charms
















pictures by Cheryl


The other night I was about to go to bed when I noticed the little white, ceramic figurine next to my husband's side of the bed.  She lived there for the past few years but I just dusted her off nonchalantly not consciously thinking of her symbolism.

However, on this night, as I was about to tuck myself in for the night I noticed her little, angelic, peach colored, ceramic face had a glow to it.  I did a quick double-take because the glow was coming from the light above her head. I suddenly felt the glow had a deeper meaning.  Why? The angel was given to my husband by his mom in the early 1990s when he was recovering from skin cancer.

My husband and I met in the early 2000s and he still carried the angel with him.  He told me her story and how she watched over him while he recovered. When we got married I made sure to make a place right next to his side of the bed so she could continue watching over him.  He has been cleared for a number of years now but she has pride of place atop a platform on the bedside light next to his side. She still watches over him to this day.

It was surreal when I noticed the bedside light above her head created a halo effect.  Over the past few days I have been thinking about the significance charms have in our everyday lives.






No comments:

Post a Comment